We have been asked this question “How to create an Apple ID without credit card?” one too many times. And we thought it is better to have an article explaining the simple steps involved in creating an Apple ID without a credit card as it could help many of us in India.
To create Apple ID without credit card from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Logout of your existing Apple account on your iPhone, iPad or Mac (if you are already signed in).
- Open App store and try to install any free application or song of your choice. Note: Tap the “Get” button twice.
- Now, App store application would present two options:
- Sign-in using existing account. Or,
- Create a new Apple account. Select “Create a New Apple ID” option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your email id password and security question & answer.
- Note: To create your Apple ID without password, you need to use an email id that has never been used before with iTunes. If you don’t have such a virgin email id, then create one before continuing further.
- On next screen, iTunes will ask you for billing information. Under this section, it is important that you select the option “None”. If you select any other option, you will be asked to enter your credit card detail – which is something that we don’t want.
- Upon tapping the “Next” button, Apple will send a confirmation email for verification purpose. Login to your email id that you entered while creating this Apple ID and click on the verify link in the email sent from Apple.
- Vola!!! Your Apple id has been successfully created without any credit card.
You can now go back to App store application on your iPhone/iPad and sing-in with your new Apple ID. You can install any free application from App store on your iPhone or iPad. However, if you attempt to download a paid application, App store will prompt you to enter your credit card details before allowing you install.
Important Note: If you are using family sharing feature or if you are the family organizer, then you cannot set the payment option to none. Apple mandates that credit card information is a must.
Watch the below Youtube video in case if you are unable to follow the above instructions.
Creating an Apple ID without credit card on Mac or PC
- Open iTunes application on your mac or pc. Go to “iTunes store” by clicking the “iTunes store” button at the top
- Scroll down and look for country/region flag. Choose your country/region by selecting the appropriate flag.
- Go to “Apps store” by selecting the “App” icon from the left upper corner. Refer the attached screen shot.
- Now try to install any free application by clicking the “Get” button.
- Note: Free application will be marked as “Free”.
- You will now be prompted to sign in to the iTunes store with two options:
- Use existing Apple ID or,
- Create a new one – select this option as we want to create one without credit card.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and remember to enter a new fresh email id that has never been used with iTunes.
- When you are prompted to select/enter the payment or billing information, select “None” and continue further as instructed.
Once done, Apple will send you a verification email on your above entered email id. Verify the link to successfully create an iTunes Apple ID without any credit card.