Are you a Blackberry user who just bought a new iPhone or are planning to switch to iOS 8 soon? If yes, then you would definitely want to know the answer to the most important question “How to transfer contacts from Blackberry to iPhone?”
In this article we’ll show you how to do that with minimal effort. The process of transferring contacts from your blackberry mobile to iPhone is pretty simple. Just follow along the below steps and you would have migrated all your contacts to iPhone in no time.
There are many ways through which you could transfer contacts from Blackberry to iPhone. For the purpose of simplicity, we’ll only cover the two easiest ways:
- Transferring contacts using official Blackberry software (recommended)
- Transferring contacts using Google Gmail, Facebook, Twitter
Here’s how to transfer contacts from Blackberry to iPhone using official software
The recommended method of transferring contacts from Blackberry to iPhone using official Blackberry desktop software app is a two step process. This method is more secured as no data is synced or sent to the cloud. Steps involved in copying your contact and other data from Blackberry to iPhone are as follows:
- Transfer Blackberry contacts to your desktop or PC
- Copying the contacts from PC to iPhone
Below is the video with step by step explanation on how to transfer contacts from Blackberry to iPhone.
Important note: Blackberry 10 users will have to use Blackberry Link software instead of the desktop software as shown in the video.
For those who cannot watch video, follow the steps below:
Blackberry 10 users use Blackberry Link
- Connect your Blackberry phone to your computer or Mac using a USB cable
- Open the Blackberry link software (you can download it from here)
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner
- Click on your Blackberry device from the bottom of link software
- Under “Synchronization” click “Configure” button
- Select where you want to contacts to transfer under? Under Windows or Outlook and click “Ok”
- Select “Sync Contacts/Calendar” from the left pane on the Blackberry Link software
Older Blackberry Handset Users
If you want to transfer your contacts from an older blackberry handset, then, you would need to use BlackBerry desktop software app which can be downloaded here.
- Open Blackberry desktop software on your mac or pc
- Connect your Blackberry mobile to your pc using an USB cable
- Select “Organizer” from the left pane and tick/check the contacts box. If you would like to transfer calendar, tasks and memos, then have them selected as well
- Select “Sync organizer” button at the bottom right of the window
Above steps would transfer all contacts from any Blackberry phone to your computer. Now we need to transfer these contacts to iPhone using iTunes software. You can download the Apple iTunes software here.
- Open Apple iTunes on your desktop or laptop and sign in with your Apple ID. In case you don’t have an Apple ID, follow this article to know how to create one
- Connect your Apple iPhone to your PC using Apple provided lightning or 30 pin connector
- Ensure that “Sync contact” option is enabled. You can verify this by clicking on “Info” button below the main playback window.
- Click on “Sync” button
When the sync completes, you would have all your contacts on your iPhone.
Transfer contacts using Google, Facebook & Twitter to transfer your contacts
If you have been using Gmail, Facebook or Twitter app on your Blackberry mobile then iOS can pull all your contacts, calendar and notes information with minimal effort.
If your contacts are backed up or reside on Google’s Gmail cloud, then
- Add your Gmail account to your iPhone by navigating to “Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Add Account->Add Account->Google”. If you have already added your Gmail account, then skip this step.
- Once the account is added, iOS8 will import all your contacts, email, notes & calendar events to your new iPhone. You can choose what to sync and what not to by navigating to “Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Select your newly added Gmail account”.
If most of your contacts resides on Facebook, then you can quickly import them from Facebook account by tapping (on your iPhone)
- Enter your Facebook user name and password
- Tap “Sign In”
- Native Facebook app on iOS 8 will display a notification that it will copy all the contacts, calendar, events from your Facebook account onto your iPhone
- Tap Sign-in on the top right corner of your iPhone again
And if most of your contacts are on Twitter, then tap (on your iPhone)
- Enter your Twitter user name and password and tap “Sign In”
Now tap “Update Contacts” to pull all your contacts from your twitter account to your iPhone